Introduction and General Terms
Write Tales will request for certain information about yourself when you register, submit a story, make general or specific enquiries or generally communicate with us via email or any online enquiry forms.
What information will Write Tales collect about me?
When you register, submit a story or subscribe to our newsletters, competitions, message boards or send a query using one of our online forms we may ask for personal information about you such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth.
This information is then used to enable Write Tales and its service providers (where applicable) to choose the most service for you or to provide an appropriate response to your enquiry.
How will Write Tales use the information they collect about me?
- to respond to your queries
- to retain your information pending judgement of all entries and selection of winners
- to help us improve our services
- to inform you of new activities, courses and directly related activities that we may run.
Write Tales will ask for your consent to use for personal information should we propose to use it for any other purpose. You may choose to withhold consent, if you so wish.
When will Write Tales contact me?
- When you register to receive our newsletters or submit a story or when you have been selected as a winner or shortlisted in the writing or any other competition that you may have entered with us
- where you have subscribed to our newsletter or opted to allow us to email you for future correspondence
- when you have posted on any of our message boards
- when Write Tales asks for your feedback about our services (participation is always voluntary)
- for marketing purposes where you have given us permission to do so
Will Write Tales share my personal information with anyone else?
Your information will be kept confidential except where disclosure is required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), apart from which we will only use your information within Write Tales.
What if I am aged 16 or under?
Parents/guardian’s permission is needed beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Write Tales website. You are not allowed to provide personal information to us, if you do not have your parents or guardian’s consent.
How long will Write Tales keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information for the duration of the competition or any other services to which you have subscribed to. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration, we will retain this information 1 year for administrative purposes, after which it will be deleted. Where you contribute to a Write Tales website, we will only keep your information or content until the enquiry has come to a conclusion.
a. What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or devices (referred to here as a “device”) from a website. When you visit our Write Tales website, the pages you see, are downloaded to your device together with a cookie The cookie gives us insight of whether you or the device has visited the website before. The cookie left on the previous visit will tell us if you visited us before.
- Cookies record information about your preferences on our site and allow us to analyse in aggregate, the website traffic on our specific pages. Users can set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Please check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences as each browser is different.
Information supplied by cookies is used in aggregate to analyse website traffic, the profile of our visitors, the analysis of which is used to improve and focus the delivery of our website and/or service to you.